Tuesday, November 29, 2011

What did you learn about yourself in 2011?

Living on high level stress the past few weeks, I let myself be carried away by the thought of my winter vacation, which is fairly close. I want to do so many things: travel, go out, have Christmas dinners, party for New Year’s, shop, go snowboarding, etc. But all I really wish for is to do nothing, maybe just sit in front of the laptop or sleep, lol. I need a break, a psychical one, from all the shit I went through the last few months. Oh, nothing bad happened, it’s just the stress and constant worrying about due dates…

As we are getting closer to the ending of another year, I would like to know if you’ve learnt anything new about yourself in 2011. I feel like I’ve learnt a lot, with the help of other people as well as being in many different situations. Here’s a short list of some of the things I've learnt:

1. I am much better at handling crises than I previously thought I was.

If you manage to keep your calm and laugh at the situation, a solution will pop-up in your mind and it is usually the right one.

2. That I don’t have to know all the answers.

In any given situation, at your job or just life, you don’t have to know all the answers, and you can’t know them all for that matter, it’s just not possible. You just have to know how to find them.

3. That I don’t fear strangers.

I could say that I re-learnt this about myself. After all, some of my favorite people today were once strangers.

4. That I take more than I can handle.

I shouldn’t overwhelm myself with anything, just because I want to hurry up to finish something in a certain time. And I shouldn’t make myself available to people when they won’t do the same for me.

5. I like pretending.

I like pretending that I am someone else. Not in a social environment though, but rather on camera or in front of an audience. It is almost like playing and being a child again. Love, love it!

Is there at least one thing you've learnt about yourself this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment